Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Strawberry Fields

Do you ever have one of those moments when you are about to go to bed and you realise that you haven’t done your strawberry conserve preparation? No? Welcome to my world.

I had bought 6 large punnets of strawberries for making conserve (whole berries in a heavy jelly in case you were wondering). This requires the berries to be hulled and covered in sugar overnight. Unfortunately it was 10.30 when I realised I hadn’t done this. It takes some time to hull 6 large punnets of strawberries.

The worst bit is that I will now have to make conserve when I get home. And I won’t get home before 8.30pm. Has anyone got any spare Christmas spirit? Or possibly spirits?

Don’t forget about the cakes and puddings on trade me everyone – they close on Thursday night…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While not strawberry conserve, my 10 year old son told me last night at 10pm that he needed some home baking for a shared lunch the next day........and I'd just used up most of the butter making christmas baking that most 10 years olds wouldn't like and I'd not waste on them anyway. So begun the search to find an easy recipe that wasn't heavily dependant on butter and didn't tak too many brains to make at 6am this morning! So I know how you feel.