My Conserve is a little runny. By a little I mean really quite water like
Making jam and related products is an emotional roller coaster. That seems to be an extremely absurd statement but it is unfortunately true. One never knows how their jam is going to turn out, no matter how many precautions you take. I'm not quite sure I can cope with the emotional consequences of runny conserve at the moment. I may have to re-boil it with some added setting agent.
I feel like a bit of a jam failure. A domestic un-goddess.
On the bright side Paula from Timaru has bought my Christmas cake. Paula you are a shining light in a night that would have otherwise only have been remembered for its runny conserve. Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Bummer!
I've done lots of successful jam making over the years but have never achieved strawberry jam success. Don't know why that is; there must be something weird about strawberries.
Maybe you could try adding some liqueur to your conserve and giving it a fancy French name. Your dinner guests will probably be none-the-wiser that your "Fraise coulis avec Cointreau" is really a recycled jam failure.
I look forward to reading more of your great blog next year...and have a happy Christmas!
Post a Comment