Thursday, December 13, 2007

All Quiet on the Kitchen Front

Have you missed me?

I have done no cooking this week. I do feel bad – and some of you will find that hard to believe, but my heart is not made entirely of stone. With the mother and the Husbands Mother and the constant stream of Christmas parties (and resulting hangovers- let’s be honest) the kitchen has not been high in my priorities.

Having got home “early” tonight – that’s before 10 but after 9 – I have managed to put about half of the Christmas baking on Trade me. Please someone, buy something. If you aren’t doing it for the baked good do it to support un unregistered mental health charity. That is me by the way in case you missed it – subtlety is just one of the issues I face.

They are all listed with Debbie does Edmonds in the title – I did struggle with what category to put them in – I did toy with antiques/pottery and crafts/woodturning but settled for something boring and correct. The auction numbers are Xmas cake (1) – 132007431, Xmas cake (2) – 132009744, Xmas pudding (1) – 132011701 – concerningly in the time it took me to write three trade me ads there were 4270 listings created on Trade Me. More concerning perhaps is the fact that it took me three attempts to calculate that – and I work with numbers for a living!

And now it is 11pm again, and I still haven’t brushed my teeth, and I really would like to read some of my book but I don’t think it’s going to happen, and the rabbit is liking the end of the extension cord, and it’s plugged in, and so I really should go.

Good night

1 comment:

Megan said...

Debbie you are wonderful!
Thanks for the entertainment at this busy time of the year. I am having trouble getting my Christmas baking done let alone getting through a challenge like you have set yourself.
Keep it up and good luck!