Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Earlier on in the Edmonds, Monday baking had been a bit of an institution. I’m afraid that things have changed a little and often, come Monday, there is no baking to bring to work. I figured I should put in the effort and bring something along for old times sake.

Coconut layer cake. Layer cake looks pretty, I like to think there is something much fancier about cooking in two tins and then putting it back together again. I stuck the layers together with lime curd, I actually thought it was lemon curd but when I opened the jar it was quite obviously not. Coconut and lime goes well together though all the same I think.

Ginger kisses. I love ginger kisses. I have been known to squirrel them away in the bedroom to be eaten alone. I am an only child, I have come to terms with the fact that I do not share well.

These ginger kisses were not the same as store bought, that doesn’t mean that they were inherently bad, just different. They were probably the original version off which the wonderful, fluffy, fake cream filled commercial delights were based. I think I’ll be sticking with the commercial version though, just every now and then, when no one is looking.

Orange cakes – odd little orangy muffiny things. I suppose they were really like little naked cupcakes. Perhaps I should have dressed them up a bit, unfortunately time does not allow for niceties so they stayed au natural.

No comments: