Sunday, November 2, 2008

Keeping my customers satisfied

There are a constant parade of people past my desk at work checking the tins. I started out with quite a heavy focus on the baked goods but as I have diversified to other food types there has been a certain level of disappointment amongst my adoring public. Every now and then I do a couple of baking recipes just to keep them sweet. Pun intended.

Chinese chews – Not particularly Chinese or chewy. More like a cakey oaty slice with walnuts and crystallised ginger. The crystallised ginger was pretty good -I have a suspicion that that was supposed to be the Chinese bit.

Yo-yos – these have to be the quintessential edmonds dish. They were so pretty with their little fork marks and snowy white filling. Almost everyone who came past the feeding station was more than a little excited to see them. Long live the humble yo yo

No comments: