I have become wiser with age and experience. I am starting to do some prepartion in the hopes of getting dinner on the table at a reasonable hour. When I say I’ve been doing preparation what I really mean is that I’ve been sending the husband out to do things. Glad we got that little confusion out of the way.
Wednesday night I sent the Husband off to do a little shopping on his way home from work. Chicken breast (only $9.95kg from yur ald maaaaate the mad butcher) and lettuce and tomatoes from fruit world. I have discovered a plethora of chicken recipes requiring x cups of cooked chicken meat so I poached my chicken to have it ready for the next night. Prepartion, it’s the way of the future. The very immediate future at any rate.
Chicken salad. Salad in a very 1966 way as opposed to a 2008 way. Firstly arrange the lettuce around the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add the cooked, diced chicken to the centre of the bowl. Add slices of tomato and egg to the edge of the bowl in a decorative pattern. Cover the chicken with loads of mayo, being careful that it does not cover the tomato or egg. Et voila – Chicken Salad.
The Husband loved it, I think he is regressing in his tastes. This could be a concern in several months time.
In order to keep the tally up I did two lots of baking – Small cakes which were like scones on the outside and slightly more cakey on the inside and spiced rock cakes with rasins and crystalised ginger. Niether were a huge hit at work. I don’t think I will continue with Rock cake making post-edmonds, they don’t seem to be widely appreciated.
Wednesday night I sent the Husband off to do a little shopping on his way home from work. Chicken breast (only $9.95kg from yur ald maaaaate the mad butcher) and lettuce and tomatoes from fruit world. I have discovered a plethora of chicken recipes requiring x cups of cooked chicken meat so I poached my chicken to have it ready for the next night. Prepartion, it’s the way of the future. The very immediate future at any rate.
The Husband loved it, I think he is regressing in his tastes. This could be a concern in several months time.
In order to keep the tally up I did two lots of baking – Small cakes which were like scones on the outside and slightly more cakey on the inside and spiced rock cakes with rasins and crystalised ginger. Niether were a huge hit at work. I don’t think I will continue with Rock cake making post-edmonds, they don’t seem to be widely appreciated.
4 comments:
u r great. ;)I've been almost p.i.s.s.i.n.g. myself laughing. keep up the good work, i'll keep reading.omg i feel soo sorry for u and your hubbies tastebuds and waistlines.
My memory of something similar was chopped lettuce (with a knife of course), grated carrot and sliced hard-boiled eggs. Topped of course with mayonnaise. Ah, good times...
Love that old Edmonds book!
Ahhh yes waistine, alas I knew it well. I am slowly starting to look less like an hourglass and more like a big huge lump of lard. I'm going to blame it on hormones, as a woman I believe it is might right
Post a Comment