Edmonds wise any cooking done on a Friday is cooking that doesn’t need to be done on a Saturday or Sunday, hence freeing up my weekend to do more weekend appropriate activities. So I prepared an Edmonds feast for dinnerPizza pie. It concerns me that pizza was ever referred to as pie. This was a scone-like base with the usual toppings. The husband was profoundly upset that I didn’t put any anchovies on, I’m not sure if that would be 1966 relevant or not. It wasn’t bad, I think I’d stick to may normal pizza dough base though.
Potato salad. Potatoes covered in mayo. Not particularly challenging but I’m still using up my seriously good mayo. Sooooo good. Sooooo bad for me. I also cooked up some eggplant with tomatoes. Not very 1966 I’m afraid.To finish with I processed my stewed prunes into prune whip. I had to pass the prunes through a sieve. It took forever. I developed prune passers shoulder; days and nights flew past, the seasons changed. Ok, I got carried away with the emotion of the thing. The prune pulp was mixed with orange jelly and beaten. It tasted a little like prunes and orange jelly.
Outside I can hear the rain tap tapping on the carport roof, nice to know I won’t need to go and water the garden tonight. My level of coordination is such that it is almost impossible for me to water the garden without watering myself. So it will be wet outside but I’ll be dry inside for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment