After Saturday’s fat fest I was left with half a pottle of oysters. Having decided that I did not actually like oysters, this was not, in my eyes at least, a good thing. There were however more oyster recipes which needed to be made. Some times you just have to take one for the team, or the cooking equivalent.
Oysters scalloped were not particularly scalloped, they were mixed into white sauce and poured into a dish, sprinkled with breadcrumbs and grilled. It was oysters masquerading as cauliflower cheese – with no cauliflower and no cheese. They weren’t that bad but after a small taste the entire dish went to the husband. He didn’t complain about it. I can only guess that he either didn’t mind it or has lost the will to complain.
In order to cleanse my pallet and as a foil to the left over brandy sauce I also made a steamed sponge pudding. I wasn’t bad but was unremarkable against the background of so many other steamed puddings. In an attempt to cross off a couple more recipes I also made Jam sauce which it says is specifically for steamed puddings. It was jam, watered down to a sauce consistency. Ground breaking.
The husband was too full of oysters to be able to eat his steamed pudding that night so he had it for breakfast the next day. Beats weet bix!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment