It is really cold today. So cold that I’m sitting hugging the heater as I type. It is a fan heater so it's possible that this is not the best course of action to ensure a long and full life. At least through the medium of text you won’t be able to hear the screams…

The bunnies, who live in the same room as the computer, would also like to get nearer to the heater. They are very subtle about it though; this is my view as I type.
So anyway – where was I? I feel it necessary to reiterate that I have been slack on the blogging not the cooking. The cooking has been going fine. The problem with that, however, is that it creates more blogging – a vicious cycle some might say…
With visitors on the weekend I had not brought in any Monday morning baking. Fortunately my colleagues were understanding and I wasn’t punished in any way. The number of visitors however who came opened up the empty tin, looked at me with sad eyes and left was punishment enough. So I got home from work on Monday night and got baking.
Nutty joys – Possibly a snapshot of the evolution of cupcakes? Small cakes which, because it’s Edmonds, contain raisins and walnuts. Nutty joys also contain something that was a rarity in the Edmonds – Cinnamon. I am surprised at how rarely spices are used in baking, most recipes have no spice, no essence, no nothing. Apart from raisins of course. And walnuts.
Ginger biscuits. These were fantastic. The husband rolled them into little balls – I think he may have found his Edmonds related calling. They were small and quite round and I made sure not to overcook them so that they were not too crispy. Unfortunately, as the baking sits next to my desk, I may have eaten more than one or two of these.
No news on the football team because we haven’t played in over a month. Not even training. That would be due to the stunning Auckland weather. Oddly I don’t mind as long as it’s not cold. But of course now it is cold, but I have my fan heater and neither of us has exploded. Yet. Cross fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment