I forgot to mention that we won the quiz. Yes, Reefton was the fist town in NZ to get electricity, the unit of flow standing for a cubic metre a second is a Cumec and there are more than 276 languages in the world (it was 4000 and something). Next Tuesday will prove whether we can defend out title.
Another busy week meant that there was no baking but Friday night’s alright for baking in my books, although a somewhat relaxed night of baking compared to others. I felt that the husband and I needed another pudding – and of course more custard.
Dutch apple pudding was picked because I didn’t have to steam it and I have used up all my kitchen string. This was a batter covered with sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. All up not bad but would have been better without the slightly smoky custard…
Now you might have thought that I would have custard under control by now. Also this should have been the easiest custard of the lot. Edmonds custard is just custard powder, sugar and milk. I could not manage to cook this without the milk burning on the bottom. I managed to burn it on to the bottom of two pots. I don’t know what the problem was. In a fit of anger I put it into a jug and microwaved it which managed to get it thickened without any further burning. Sometimes I love my microwave.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment