And that’s it. All done. 114 posts in total would you believe.
The end of the Edmonds. 365 days of cooking, cleaning, writing, more cooking , leaving the dishes to accumulate, doing them because the Husband has had a paddy, taking photos, trying to get around to writing, stockpiling ingredients, starting recipes only to find I don’t have the necessary ingredients, trying to find more time to write, turfing the rabbit out of the stockpile of supplies with her mouthful of icing sugar/flour/raisins (you’d think I’d learn), writing lists of what I could cook, writing lists of what I have cooked, writing shopping lists, ticking and crossing off recipes… but now the cycle has come to an end.

Last night we had friends around to celebrate the end of the Edmonds. Naturally I cooked with a little help from my Mum. We had Sardine Savoury, Mock chicken, cheese and egg dip, coleslaw, toadstools (stuffed eggs with tomato on top – see photo), trifle, sponge roll and more. We all dressed up 1966 style. My Mother and Stepmother were in fits over doing my hair. The husband manned the BBQ. I passed around the snacks like a good hostess.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way – sourcing ingredients and cookware, buying the odd bit of baking or preserves, offering advice or support. It’s been hard work but it’s been great fun. Well most of the time!
So I guess now all there is to do is sign off. See you later, it’s been swell.
Love,
Debbie
6 comments:
Awww,so that's it ? Shame,have looked each day to see if you have posted,it was like a rerun of my childhood food - and I still make cheese egg dip sometimes.Love the FM boots,I wore mine with a Mondrian inspired mini,it was white with a black border around blocks of colour,very desirable.
Loved your work.
Nooooooooo! Don't gooooooo! I've really enjoyed your hilarious blog and will miss it. I'm happy to lend you my Stephanie Alexander Cook's Companion if you're ever looking for another project ;-)
Enjoy getting a life again.
Cheers
No! You can't leave so abruptly! We want to know the worst bits - when you were offally near throwing in the towel - the best bits - when your mum did the dishes(?) and MORE photos. Well done.
Stephanie
Great project, it's just a shame to see it come to an end... Like everyone else, I've really enjoyed your writing - should you ever decide to publish it in the 'real world' I'm sure it'd do well.
As an aside, it doesn't look like the ice-cream and butter have done you any harm at all!
Enjoy having your life back, and thanks for sharing. =)
I've been dropping by ever since your blog was highlighted at http://www.spareroom.co.nz/ a couple of months back. Guess I now have to go back and start from the beginning!
Have loved your writing and second all the other positive comments!
Thanks for taking us along for the ride.
- (Yet Another) Stephanie
Procrastination central here. Far too hot a day to be doing anything truly productive, so I've started reading 'Debbie Does Edmonds' from the beginning (currently in Dec '07). Have to say this is WAY better than Julie/Julia (tedious beyond belief and I don't know anyone who's managed to finish the yawn of a book). If the middle is as good as the beginning and end (all I've read so far) then "get yourself a publisher, girl!" - this is a gem and I want to be able send it, in giftwrap-able form, to all my many aunts for Christmas '09.
- (Y.A.) Stephanie (again)
Post a Comment