Monday night – last week – was another bake fest. No “pear Jam” this time though. I am slightly concerned that my colleagues will come to distrust the baking – and then what will I do with it all? So I tried to keep it all relatively on the down-low on Monday night.
The husband was looking hungry when I got in. He had already got to the point where he was prowling the freezer. From the depths he managed to retrieve a pack of chipolatas. I had predestined these chipolatas for the Edmonds – Chipolata Spaghetti. It required me to boil the chipolatas which I had never done before. The recipe was as follows – boil spaghetti, drain, place in the bottom of an oven proof dish. Boil chipolatas. Cook onion and tomato in a saucepan, pour over spaghetti, add cut up chipolatas, sprinkle generously with grated cheese.
It was odd but not bad. The husband liked it – I can only imagine he thinks his life would be better if I cooked more food with spaghetti and sausages in the same meal – perhaps Wattie’s were on to something there?
I made Grated nut cakes – the recipe gave me the option of using ground almonds or grated coconut. Coconut won out almost purely from a cost perspective. This was a truly strange recipe – it was of the rub the butter in variety but was baked in “patty tins” – such a cute name! The mix was so dry I had to knead about of a quarter of the dry ingredients into the mix to get them to go in. they were surprisingly good – somewhere between a muffin and a scone. Quite coconuty too, which suited the dense texture. I suppose they were a little like mini coconut breads. I served them with my homemade tamarillo jam – they went down a treat.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment